Kahn Lucas, established in 1889, is a privately held award-winning apparel company with headquarters in New York, NY. The company founded popular girls fashion lines Emily West, Youngland, Bloome and Sweet Heart Rose. Kahn Lucas currently oversees design, production and e-commerce for Maddie, Nowadays, The Edit by Seventeen, Ob.sess and Dollie & Me.
Kahn Lucas is a leading consumer-centric designer of girls apparel. Placing the consumer first, our team of retail disruptors test color, design, fabrication and shopping preferences with consumers each season. Utilizing data analytics, we infuse the product development and brand lifecycle with research and insights to meet the needs of consumers and retail partners.
Howard Kahn, CEO
Howard Kahn took the helm of Kahn Lucas in 2000 – the fourth generation family leader of the company – and quickly guided the 127-year-old organization through a complete transformation of its supply chain and production capacities. He also conceived and oversaw the launch of the company’s first direct to consumer brand, Dollie & Me in 2008. In 2012 Howard led the company in its strategic acquisition of the historic Madame Alexander Doll Company.
Prior to Kahn Lucas, Howard started his career at Wal*Mart Stores in 1991. He began as a member of the Store Manager Training Program at Store 1352 in Wallace, NC and then in Information Technology designing decision support systems in Bentonville, AR. Howard holds a B.A. in Political Science from the University of Pennsylvania.
An active philanthropist, Howard is a member of the Academy at the University of Pennsylvania, YPO (Young Presidents Association), a Board member of the Jay H. Baker Retailing Center at the Wharton School, an Executive Committee Board member of K.I.D.S. (Kids in Distressed Situations)/Fashion Delivers, a scholarship provider at the Fashion Institute of Technology and an active donor to The Child Life Center at Mt. Sinai Hospital.
Initially founded as the Triumph Shirt Company in 1889 in Columbia, PA, Kahn Lucas has been a leader in children’s apparel for over one hundred years. The company has designed and manufactured clothing for generations of American girls, sold mainly through wholesale channels with some of the nations top retailers. The company remains a family owned and operated business. Howard Kahn, Executive Chairman, is the fourth generation Kahn family member to lead the company.
- Integrity – Always do the right thing.
- Philanthropy – Show a true appreciation for what we have by sharing it with those less fortunate.
- Respect – Be respectful in how you treat others and present yourself so others will respect you.
- Teamwork – Positively partner and collaborate with one another to achieve a common goal.
- Passion – Allow your passion to show. Enthusiasm separates the great from the average.
- Innovation – Be innovative and imaginative in everything you do.
- Improvement – Continuous, consistent improvement leads to dramatic results.
- Meritocracy – We believe that those who exceed expectations have opportunity for rewards.